Contest Closed: The winner is commenter number 23, Danielle! Thanks for playing along, and congratulations!
If you’ve been a reader of my blog for any length of time, you probably already know that I love products that do good. I’ve always been a fan of fair trade items as well as items that support charity. So this holiday season, I’ve come up with a list of gifts you can feel good about giving to the loved ones in your life. These are gifts that truly give twice.
1. The scarf above is from a company I support, Trades of Hope. Trades of Hope empowers women out of poverty by selling their fair trade crafts. You can shop for this scarf and other great fair trade items here.
2. These darling shoes are made by a company called Sole Rebels, who sell fair trade shoes that are hand made in Ethiopia. You can purchase these and tons of other great shoes by visiting their online store.
3. Shot@Life is a campaign that aims to provide childhood vaccines to the millions of children around the globe who desperately need them. By purchasing this water bottle from their online store, you are helping them accomplish their goal.
4. This hand made change purse is hand crafted by women in Kenya. The sale of these hand made items provides not only income to the families of these women, but supports the education of their special needs children!! You can purchase these here.
5. Coffee! Who doesn’t need an extra cup of coffee? It will taste even more delicious knowing that it provides clean water to those in Africa. 100% of the net proceeds from Three Avocados coffee provide clean water in Uganda. Purchase your coffee that does good here.
Want to win the beautiful Trades of Hope scarf pictured above? I have one to give away to a lucky reader! All you have to do is….
1. You must leave a comment on this post telling me if you would ever purchase any of the items above to give as gifts. That’s it!
2. For one extra entry, you can tweet about this giveaway (here’s something you can copy and paste):
Gifts that Do Good and a Giveaway! Enter today to win. @hikemama @CTCKENYA @nonprofitcoffee @soleRebels @ShotAtLife http://wp.me/phD5i-2jo
3. For one extra entry, go “like” my Trades of Hope facebook page (or tell me if you already do.)
Make sure you leave a comment for each of the above. Giveaway will close December 12th. Good luck!