Congratulations to commenter number 4, Mel, who is the winner of the $25 REI gift card!! Thanks everyone for playing along. Happy Holidays!
There are few places I’d rather be than in the woods on a quiet, muddy trail. Whether I’m hiking or taking a run, it’s the one place where I can clear my mind while feeding my body and soul. So if you are like me (or you’ve got a girl like me in your life) this post is for you. I thought I’d share some of my favorite trail gear with all of you lovely readers. With the holiday season upon us, maybe you’ll be inspired with some gift ideas for the outdoorsy girl in your life.
1. At the top we have the quick dry Toaster Top and Liberty Pants from Stonewear Designs. Warning: these pieces of clothing are so awesome, functional and comfortable you will never want to take them off! Stonewear Designs is a Colorado-based company comprised of a group of determined women who lead busy lives balancing time between family, friends, work, and play. They developed clothes that make women feel beautiful while performing under strenuous demands. They strive to fit and flatter every type of body with beautiful, durable clothing that will last for years. All Stonewear clothing is Made in the U.S.A.
2. Gypsum Mid Hiking Boots by KEEN. The only brand of boots I wear on the trail! For years, KEEN has been keeping my feet happy and safe on the trail. ‘Nuff said.
3. SpeedCross 3 Trail Running shoes by Salomon. I am in love with these awesome, lightweight but aggressive trail shoes that are perfect for muddy, mountainous terrain. I use these all the time and they are by far my faves!
4. I don’t own one of these battery-operated mobile power devices yet, but I really want to try one! They seem like a perfect gadget to have handy on a long hike or backpacking trip. Especially if you are like me and snap photos on the trail with your iphone.
And since it’s the season to spread the love, I’m going to do another giveaway today. I’m going to give one lucky reader a $25 gift card to REI. Oh yes I am! All you have to do is…
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite outdoor activity and whether or not you’d be happy to receive any of these gifts above.
2. For one extra entry, go like my facebook page. Come back here and leave another comment telling me you did so (or tell me if you already are a fan.)
3. For one more entry, tweet about the giveaway, including a link to this post and make sure to mention me, @hikemama. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me you tweeted.
sample tweet: Gifts for the Girly Trailblazer and a $25 gift card giveaway to REI! http://wp.me/phD5i-2jB @hikemama
That’s it! Good luck and happy trails. One lucky reader will be randomly chosen on Saturday, December 15.
psst–check out my other open giveaway here!